Shimla is undoubtedly a popular destination in Himachal Pradesh. In fact, Britishers declared it the summer capital. Thus, the railroad was built. Over the years, many tourists have visited this beautiful place. Get in touch for a comfortable stay in the Aaroham Resorts i.e. the Best resorts in Shimla
If you are also planning a trip to the “Queen of Hills,” read this post till the end. We have given a complete overview of how you must plan a trip to Shimla to go back with plenty of memories to cherish for a lifetime.
What to See in Shimla? : Best Resorts in Shimla
The beautiful city of Shimla has a long list of tourist attractions. Some places are within the city itself, but you would have to drive a little to visit other places. Places like Kufri, Narkanda, and Thanedar are situated at a small distance but are quieter than the main town.
Below is a complete list of tourist attractions in Shimla and its Vicinity. Scroll down to have a look.
Places to Visit in Shimla
- Mall Road: The shopping street Mall Road is considered the center of activities. It has cute cafes, restaurants, and social hangouts, making it popular among tourists.
- Christ Church: Situated on The Ridge, it’s the second-largest church in Northern India. It features the finest neo-Gothic architecture.
- Scandal Point: This spot is popular among tourists for its story. It is believed that the Maharaja of Patiala had eloped with the daughter of the British Viceroy, which was a scandal of the highest order.
- Jakhu Hill: Situated at 8,000 ft., it’s the highest peak around Shimla, offering a magnificent view of the valley.
- Shimla State Museum: You can visit this museum to see the rich cultural wealth of Himachal Pradesh.
- Viceregal Lodge: It’s a popular lodge built by a British architect.
Things to do in Shimla
Here’s a list of things you can do in the town itself. So, if you do not want to book a cab and visit the nearby areas, you can do these things to make your trip more memorable.
Take a Walk on the Ridge
The Ridge is a beautiful area near the observatory and Jhaku Hill. This place is known for Shimla’s festivals, fairs, and functions. You can walk here to see the colonial-style buildings, library, church, and more.
Trek to Jhaku Hill
If you are an adventure enthusiast, you can take a trek to Jhaku Hill, situated at 2,455 meters. This hill offers mesmerizing views of the Shimla and Shivalik ranges around. It’s a fun trek of 30 minutes through the lush forest terrain.
Shop at Mall Road
When you visit Shimla, you must purchase something from the famous Mall Road.
Ride the Toy Train
Shimla gives you a chance to enjoy the beautiful toy train ride. This 96 kilometers ride takes you through 102 tunnels and 864 bridges.
Things to Pack for Shimla
Shimla is a beautiful city situated on a hill. So, you must always carry a jacket or sweater. Carry light cotton clothes and a light jacket as the temperature drops in the evening for summers.
For winters, you must carry heavy woolens, jackets, and thermals. You can also keep boots, a cap, gloves, and mufflers. You must carry clothes that can quickly dry, a poncho, and an umbrella for monsoons.
Other than clothes, you must also carry an ID card, sunglasses, headphones, prescribed medicines, power bank, torch, boots with good grip, sunscreen with the highest SPF, and snacks.
You can contact Aaroham Resorts to book a comfortable stay on your visit to Shimla. Our top hotels in Shimla offer endless mountain views. Our luxury cottages in Shimla are endowed with natural charms and offer a treat to sore eyes.
We are known to offer impressive customer service at our hotels in Shimla and other places, like Dalhousie, Bhimtal, and Dharamshala.
You can select one of the best cottages in Shimla with us.